Wednesday 11 April 2012

Poems for all

Okay so I'm not really good at poetry and neither meter nor rhyme are things I take the time to practise however I like pattern and form and I tried to give this both. No title yet and somehow I doubt there ever will be.




The world it shouts so in my head
my eyes they never capture all
I tire of the stimulus
too bright, too fast, too loud, my head is overcrowded
I cannot turn it off

To blink and have things disappear
I respond when no one’s been there
I am not keeping up
miss heard, miss timed, miss understood, my head is so confused
I wish for it to stop
 
For now I question everything
so strong my feelings, put on hold
I wish to lose control
I rant, I rage, I respond, my head it finds some peace
I feel free at last

The world it closes in to take control of me
to bring me down and make me safe
I hate it that it tries
afreak, a dunce, a devil, my heart it wants to die
I do not care for life

I wake to find myself enslaved
now chained to life without a choice
I think but I am not
they prod, they poke, they question me, a puppet made to dance
I mind my words again

I lay my head with Clozapine
and wait to see what change it makes
I resent the time it takes
I sleep, I drool, I shake, and eat my weight in food
I want it to be gone

Encased in cotton wool I live
aslower, duller, flatter life
I wait for energy
no ghosts, no noise, no extra things, a life so ordinary
I learn to live again

No comments:

Post a Comment