Thursday 22 November 2012

Changing face of life

I've always felt a bit strange about the way I look, not really been happy with the few extra pounds or  not so clear skin but I've never really hated the way I look. I might be a bit strange but it took years for me to notice that someone I know never looked in the mirror in fact couldn't look in a mirror but then I never saw why she didn't. In fact no one ever could because the reflection she saw was not what was in the mirror. I didn't get it but I kind of do now, my internal voice tells me I'm useless and I guess her's just told her she was ugly and it told her it enough times that she believed it. So this about how she changed and no one noticed.

The body beautiful

She looks upon herself with pride
a slip of a girl with flowing locks and cheeky smile
so confident surrounded by adoring friends she's radient and beautiful
the height of fashionable youth
she adjusts the frame and moves on

dressing carefully she drifts around unseen
until bent in close the room reflects and then her face appears
she fixes it and straightens disappearing again
at simple glance nothing's amiss but still she mouns a loss
her youth intact and figure true it's hard to see what's wrong

her clothes have hidden from the world all that is not right
but still she cannot acept the changes already made
they saved her life but change her heart and left her in pain
the scars have healed but confidence is lost

No comments:

Post a Comment