Thursday 18 February 2016

What lies beneath

Just a quickie but this little ditty probably sums up  how I feel some days, over looked and overwhelmed however it doesn't take much to realise that the world is full of people who feel exactly the same as me and whom a little kindness in any form would be greatly appreciated.

The world does not suspect what is beneath
my placid face too tired to respond to shock or pain.
There is little left that animates.
The noise, the strain, the ceaseless negativity and pain
have left their mark, I smile and acquiesce.

The world looks upon my face but briefly,
does not think too deeply nor too much about me
but thinks instead of it’s own life of what it needs, and what it hasn’t got.
It passes by with joy and pain but not with sympathy,
unable to see what else is there when full of strife itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment