Thursday 4 February 2016

You call me a misery like it's a bad thing

Because some days are just not that great!



I look at the world like it’s gone mad,
a place of violence and anger, where to shout and rage gets things done:
kids take up arms, the adults shrug like they didn’t do a thing
where people die to make a point,
and I cry for what is lost.
You call me a misery like it’s a bad thing
to cry over the dead, the torture, the wars of world: it’s a waste, just let it go
but to see the pain without remorse, without a twinge, how can you live

I look around this world with paper thin smiles
where laughter dies too quick, tiredness resounds and worry rages.
You party like tomorrow is already gone, where it doesn’t matter if you survive,
it’s the journey that counts.
I cry for what you missed while drunk and high.
You call me a misery like it’s a bad thing,
to party so hard you can’t remember the fun, the people :it’s Friday night, you just gotta
where what is missed cannot be remembered, how can you know you were happy?


I look around as people pick themselves up, again,
make up stories of their escapades and laugh like they can remember it all.
I watch as people laugh too, not knowing what they have lost
alone in their own memories
and I cry for the isolation you can’t but feel,
You call me a misery like it’s a bad thing
when I see the broken heart, countless amounts of offense you caused,
was it really all that good you want to do it all again tomorrow, how can you live?

I watch as people sleep walk through their lives
past those in need, ignoring the pain of others and animals alike.
A shell on it’s way to work
and I cry for us all
you call me a misery like it’s a bad thing
I’m trying to find the happiness I see you ignoring every day
set on a path that leads you to the same tomorrow you had today

No comments:

Post a Comment